Welcome, Trainers! There have been quite a few headlines stemming from the world of Pokémon GO recently. Here's a quick recap:
Finally, we'll conclude this news
- Galarian Forms: New code suggests that Galarian form Pokémon being introduced in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield may be coming to Pokémon GO as a promotion. Support for the regional variants of Weezing, Zigzagoon, and Linoone has been added. Support for Obstagoon, Sirfetch'd, and Galarian Ponyta is absent from this update, as is support for the other regional variants and evolutions that will likely be added in Sword and Shield.
- New Moves: Two new moves--Flying Press and Aura Sphere--were added.
- Adventure Sync: A fourth tier for weekly Adventure Sync rewards has been added. While it is currently unknown what the rewards from this tier are, it is know that we'll need to walk 100 KM to unlock them.
- Team GO Rocket: Numerous lines of code for the new additions to Team GO Rocket have been added. This supports is for the various things Niantic has been teasing on social media as of late, such as the Leaders and and Rocket Radar.
GO BATTLE LEAGUE
Niantic have announced the next big advancement to Trainer Battles: The GO Battle League. Launching in 2020, this feature will bring global leaderboards and online battling to the game's player-versus-player battles. Keeping with the game's theme of "get up and go," Trainers will have to walk to gain access to this update when it launches.
Finally, we'll conclude this news roundup with a status update on three of Pokémon GO's events:
- A Colossal Discovery: Tickets for the "A Colossal Discovery" story event on November 2 are now on sale in the in-game Shop. They cost $7.99 USD or the equivalent in the currency your app store uses.
- Halloween Event: 2019's Halloween event is currently ongoing. As a reminder, it is scheduled to end a week from now on November 1 at 1:00 P.M. PDT.
- Community Day: Finally, the Pokémon GO Community Day scheduled for November 16 has had more details revealed about it. The event will feature the Fire-type Sinnoh starter, Chimchar, who will get an exclusive move when evolved to Infernape. The move has yet to be specified, although it being Blast Burn seems like a certainty. The event also has the bonuses of 1/4 Egg-hatching distance and three-hour Lure effectiveness.
Thanks for reading, Trainers!
SOURCE: Niantic, Pokeminers